MPG Art Studio Tour

(“Shadow Sisters #4: Momma in the kitchen”) available on Etsy.

In the studio today I was making art for a boutique in our town. This is just the kick in the tuckus I needed to get my pieces done and out the door. It was more than magical to have the whole day to work on these Silhouette Sisters…and I couldn’t believe it when  I looked up and it was time to get the girls from school.

**************************************************************

I thought it might be fun to give you a tour of the art space I’m loving so much. I have a separate house for the portrait studio (shooting room/screening room/framing room/office)…but it became clear to me awhile ago that I needed to create an art space that was ONLY for making art. A place where I could go, away from portrait-making land, and create to my heart’s content.

It is a magical place for me and I can feel my blood pressure drop even when I set one foot inside the door.

I got this cabinet from Duchess, a vendor at Monticello, and it has been so fun filling up the compartments with all of my creative doo-dads.

The original picture on the wall of my Katie Kat on her haybale is a happy-maker for me. It was such a beautiful day and she was so game to don the crazy skirt and Converse. I always want to remember her this way, no matter how old she is.

Canvases in waiting…hoping to end up in happy hands…

I’m starting up my soldering world again…lots of fun ideas of silhouettes to go inside.

It’s a strange thing to cross over.

Attraversiamo…Elizabeth Gilbert style.

I guess I’ve been crossing over for awhile, but I feel it so much more now.

Happier.

More relaxed and present.

Feeling more what really should be.

So wonderful.

OX.

p.s. THANK YOU to all who signed up for the retreat and June studio class. We are officially FULL and have a waiting list..yay!  I’m thinking of dates in the future for another class…will keep you posted.

This entry was posted in Fun MPG FINDS, Good Design, IGNITE THE ARTIST, My photography world, Pretty paper stuff., The SHOP and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to MPG Art Studio Tour

1. lissa says:

what a wonderful spot you’ve created for yourself! Your silhouettes are such fun! Can’t wait for the class! yippee for me! :)

2. Kerstin says:

It’s fun to see the place where many of the converging ideas in your world come together. It’s soooooooooooo clutter free! How can that be? Fair warning….I’m not cleaning up before you see my studio. Looking forward to that day.

3. Jeanne says:

I was so excited to see your studio up. I have never seen it before and I had an idea in my head what it looked like…and now I have the real thing:-) Isn’t it amazing what a creative space allows you to say about yourself…and the time it gives you to be creative?? My space shouts to everyone that comes through our doors how important this creative life is to me.

4. Holly says:

Beautiful Lara!

5. Pamela says:

You are soo lucky to have your own space with that much room. I live in a historical neighborhood and our home was bulit in 1918.We have 1,014 sq. feet. Charming, but not a lot of room. I share my “art space” with my husband so he feels like he has a space of his own as well. But often that room gets the blackhole treatment. I end up on our dining room table with my projects most of the time. One day I’ll have a space where I can escape to all by myself! Love the metal cabinet w/ the tiny cubbies and the wooden one. Looks grand! Keep having fun!

6. chrissy says:

THIS SPACE ROCKS!
    and so do YOU sister.
    you have soooooooo much talent it is unbelievable.
    there is just no end to it.
    thanks for sharing…now i have a happy little picture in my mind of where you create.
    miss you
    c

7. Mikal says:

Thanks for sharing such an important space to your heart!!
    I think a tour of everyone’s studios would be so fun and soulful. Plus good ideas for storing our treasures! LOVE that cabinet, LOVE the frog for your brushes, and LOVE LOVE the gardening girl pendant… going to peek and see if she is in your shop!

Elizabeth Gilbert… enough said! :)

Hugs,

Mikal

8. Julie Parmer Hosley says:

Love your studio, Lara! I love watching how your art is evolving and the path you are taking in your creative journey! So happy for you!

Comments are closed.